Pewter is a metal alloy which is made from mostly tin and contains varying amounts of antimony, copper or bismuth, to harden it. It has been used since the Roman times and there have even been signs that it was used in ancient Egypt. Back then, lead was the main additive, although it became darker with age and food and drink was often contaminated. Antimony and bismuth produce a much finer quality pewter and is also safe to use for dishes and utensils. It is normally cast and then finished using a variety of methods, including hammering. Used through time for utilitarian and decorative items, it has always shown stunning craftmanship.
- A magnificently detailed, exclusive design that is bespoke to us and fully handcrafted to create a truly unique gift.
- Unusual but versatile – stick the label on to any bottle or item to create a highly personal gift and make a loved one smile.
- Customisable with space for a message to commemorate the special occasion.
- Ideal for birthdays, anniversaries, house warming, retirements and weddings.
- Up to three numbers for the age.
- Up to 80 characters (including spaces) over four lines.
- 20 characters per line.
- Up to 10 characters (including spaces) for the date. Ideal format: DD.MM.YYYY
All our personalised gifts are engraved and printed in house so if you have any questions or special requirements then please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Why not purchase a greetings card as an extra touch? If chosen, you will receive a bespoke, A5 card, printed with your personal message and folded and sent in an envelope with your order.
- Approx. 7.5 x 11 cm